Crypto Briefs is your day-to-day, bite-sized absorb of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related news– examining the stories flying under the radar these days’s crypto news.
- Ex-CEO of German payment processor and financial providers Wirecard is in authorities custody over suspicion of scams, Reuters reported earlier today. According to media reports, Markus Braun turned himself in the other day and will come prior to a judge today to see whether he will stay in custody. Braun is being believed of fraudulently pumping up the business’s balance sheet and profits to make it look more appealing to prospective financiers.
- Baby milk powder is the current food to go through a blockchain facelift in China. Per media outlet Finance.China, Beinmei Dairy— among China’s leading milk formula suppliers– is now offering its items with scannable QR codes that can offer consumers with in-depth info regarding where milk was sourced, how it was dealt with and how it was dispersed.
- Blockchain-powered drivers’ licenses have actually gone live in South Korea, per Yeosung Kyungjae Shinmun. The licenses are hosted on mobile phones by means of an app that connects to national authorities databases, and can be accepted lawfully by authorities in location of plastic identitycards They are likewise now legal for usage in stores as evidence of age, with corner store chains specifying they will accept these in addition to traditional plastic cards.
- A Venezuelan property company states it will make it possible for payments in bitcoin (BTC), dash (DASH) and other tokens. Per an Instagram post from crypto exchange Veinte, property purchasers utilizing the RE/MAX Gold property representative will likewise have the ability to purchase or lease property and industrial homes utilizing litecoin (LTC).
- Just 16% of Brazilians state they wish to utilize crypto as a type of payment, per a research study performed by the Brazilian Society of Retail and Customer Business The research study discovered that 47% of participants stated they were hesitant about using cryptocurrencies as ways of payment, with a few of the factors consisting of an absence of trust in crypto and little understanding or useful experience about how tokens can be utilized to make retail payments.
- Bitcoin benefits business Lolli stated its internet browser extension that rewards people with bitcoin when they go shopping online, is now readily available on Microsoft Edge, says the statement. After Mozilla’s Firefox and Google Chrome, Lolli is now concerning a recently revamped Microsoft internet browser, now built upon Chromium.
- Crypto financial services business BlockFi revealed in an emailed news release that it employed a brand-new Director of Business Advancement for Asia. Rishi Ramchandani, former head of global and Asia equities trading teams for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, will be entrusted with constructing out the business’s business in the APAC area. He will be based in Singapore.
- Neufund, a German start- up aiming to assist in security token offerings (STO), stated it is freezing all present fundraising projects and stopping all future tokenized equity offerings. According to a blog site post by the business’s CEO and co-founder Zoe Adamovicz, the problem lies in the nation’s legislators, who kept the business in a grey zone, not prohibiting it, however likewise not “letting innovation happen”.
- Bitmain’s former CEO Micree Zhan proposed to purchase out the remainder of the business, providing other investors an overall of USD 4 billion. In an open letter released previously today, Zhan suggested purchasing out co-founder Jihan Wu’s 20% stake, in addition to the staff members’ alternative swimming pool (19% stake), 3 unnamed co-owners (roughly 15%), in addition to other external financiers. Considered that the business’s appraisal is at least 3 times as much, the media are uncertain Zhan’s deal would be taken seriously.
- Choices trading platform Sparrow protected USD 3.5 million in Series A financing, the business just recently confirmed in a news release. The financing round was led by BitMEX‘s moms and dad business HDR Group Other financiers consist of Signum Capital, Du Capital, and FinLab EOS VC
- In its first equity round, Celsius Network Limited raised an overall of USD 30 million, the business announced in a blog sitepost The round was led by Tether International Minimal (the business behind the Tether (USDT) stablecoin), which invested an overall of USD 10 million. Celsius will stay the biggest investor, hence keeping full control of its loaning platform.
- Decentralized crypto derivatives platform Opyn stated it has actually raised USD 2.16 million as it aims to end up being “the main DeFi [decentralized finance] platform enabling Ether hedging and decentralized financing financial investments through alternatives.” The financing round was led by Haseeb Qureshi and Tom Schmidt from Dragonfly Capital Other financiers consist of Version One Ventures, Uncorrelated Ventures, 1kx, A. Capital, DTC Capital, CoinFund, in addition to a number of angel financiers. Opyn say s it will utilize the funds to grow the team and establish the procedure.
- European football giant FC Barcelona held a flash sale of its token, which offered out in less than 2hours The FC Barcelona Fan Tokens (BAR), which were offered through Chiliz.net and Socios.com, have actually opted for an overall of USD 1.3 million. At one point, the club offered USD 777,000 worth of tokens in less than 2 minutes. Announcing the news by means of Twitter, Socios CEO Alexandre Dreyfus stated people from 106 various countries acquired the tokens.
- Huobi Token (HT), the native community token of the Huobi Group, can now be traded as a completely certified crypto property on Huobi Japan The business confirmed the news in a news release, stating that Huobi Token is the first global exchange token authorized by the nation’s financial regulator – the Financial Solutions Company (FSA).
The post Wirecard Ex-CEO in Custody, Blockchain-powered Baby Milk + More News appeared first on World Weekly News.