Niantic reaffirms its commitment to combat cheaters in Pokémon GO by explaining some of its measures
The renowned developer of Pokémon GO , Niantic , has shared a new post on its official blog to provide us with an update on the status of its policies and measures to combat cheating in the popular mobile device app.
The company has started by clarifying that they usually don’t try to explain their cheat detection methods so that cheaters can’t understand the system and learn to cheat you, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t constantly working in improving the security of Pokémon GO . From there, they declare their commitment to the players to promote “fair gameplay, preserve the integrity of our games and improve transparency with our players.”
For this, the company has shared the following points regarding the situation with cheating in Pokémon GO :
- Since the beginning of 2020, we have issued sanctions to more than 5 million cheaters in Pokémon GO, Ingress and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, where more than 20% of the penalties were permanent bans.
- More than 90% of users who received their first warning stopped cheating later. This is quite encouraging for us as we continue to strike the right balance between punishing the casual cheats and the most heinous ones.
- We have invested in new and emerging technologies, while continuing to grow our team, to improve our detection and execution capabilities. We will continue to take action against those who violate our terms of service and reinforce our efforts in the coming weeks.
- We are constantly adjusting and improving our existing detection methods by collecting real data from player reports and other feedback channels, to ensure that we are accurately detecting cheaters and minimizing false positives.
- We always listen to our players and are exploring ways to leverage our community to ensure our games remain fair.