Crypto Briefs is your everyday, bite-sized absorb of cryptocurrency and blockchain-related news– examining the stories flying under the radar these days’s crypto news.
- Chinese companies have actually topped brand-new global blockchain patent tables, reports media outlet East Money, estimating information from IPR Daily. The latter has actually assembled a list revealing that Alibaba‘s Alipay e-pay subsidiary beings in the # 1 slot, with 2,344 blockchain-related patent filings, followed by IT huge Tencent with 1,296 and Shenzhen-based insurance coverage company Ping An with765 Non-Chinese companies include even more down the table, and consist of IBM in seventh area and Mastercard in 15 th.
- Blockstack PBC, the business structure core procedures for decentralized computing network Blockstack, has actually released the Stacks 2.0 Testnet. According to journalism release, this public testnet will enable blockchain designers and miners to take part in the release of Blockstack’s brand-new agreement system, called Evidence of Transfer (PoX), in addition to trial Clearness wise agreements. Working towards the mainnet, Blockstack PBC will work together with possible miners and testers through testnet stages to prepare the network for the Stacks 2.0 upgrade by independent miners in mid-2020, it states.
- CEO of US-based physically-settled Bitcoin futures trading platform Bakkt, Mike Blandina, has actually stepped down from that role to sign up with JPMorgan Chase & & Co, American international financial investment bank and financial services holding business, to operate in payments, reports Reuters, mentioning a memo. Per journalism release by Bakkt’s moms and dad business Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), David Clifton has actually been designated as Interim CEO of Bakkt, Clifton signed up with ICE in 2008, serving formerly as Partner General Counsel, M&A.
- South Korean market- leading crypto exchange Upbit has actually revealed a brand-new collaboration handle Chainalysis, per a news release. Under the regards to the contract, Upbit’s overseas branches in South East Asia, under the Upbit APAC umbrella, will start utilizing Chainalysis-developed Know-Your-Transaction (KYT) options in a quote to drive up safety and fulfill ever-evolving regulatory compliance standards.
- Huobi Japan is enthusiastic of winning the right to list its native Huobi Token next month, per Fisco (via Gentosha). The relocation would be a first for Japanese exchanges, which now need to fulfill rigid listings guidelines enforced by the Financial Provider Company, the federal government company in charge of the country’s crypto market, in addition to the self-regulatory Japanese Virtual Currency Exchange Association
- South Korean exchange Bithumb and other blockchain technology and crypto-related companies have actually raised over USD 81,000 in cryptoassets for the Korean Red Cross The exchange ran a campaign that saw the platform’s partners, consumers and workers raise and turn over contributions in bitcoin (BTC), XRP and ethereum (ETH), reports Hanguk Kyungjae. One blockchain business likewise handed the Korean Red Cross a consignment of protective face masks.
- Fintech BTSE has actually released a brand-new tool that uses traders a multi-currency settlement alternative, called the BTSE OTC RFQ (Ask For Quote). Per journalism release, traders can utilize the tool to get a quote on a repaired and agreed-upon rate prior to purchase, hence having the ability to move through bigger orders without extreme rate changes and prevent the rate ‘slippage’ that occurs when carried out costs end up various from anticipated costs.
The post Chinese Companies Lead Blockchain Patent Race + More News appeared first on World Weekly News.