Norway enters third day without deaths, no exponential growth.
A status report is published every day at 1 p.m. and concerns cases reported until midnight the day before.
Extract from daily COVID-19 report – Sunday 22 March 2020
Based on information about cased notified to the Norwegian Institute of Public Health:
- Total of 2 132 cases, of which 206 cases were reported by midnight on the 21.03.2020.
- 7 deaths have been reported (as of 22.03.2020 at 8 a.m.).
- 169 patients have been admitted to hospital with confirmed coronavirus (SARS-CoV2) (figures from Directorate of Health, as of 22.03.2020 at 8 a.m.)
- 39 patients in intensive care with confirmed coronavirus (SARS-CoV2) (figures from Norwegian Intensive Care Register as of 22.03.2020 at 8 a.m.)
- A total of 54 393 have been tested for coronavirus (SARS-CoV2) (as of 22.03.2020 at 9 a.m.)
Age and gender
The average age of cases is 47 years, 45.3 % are women and 54.7 % are men.
Place of infection – Norway/abroad
1014 cases were infected in Norway, 915 cases were infected abroad. 203 cases are awaiting clarification. Of those who are infected in Norway, 532 have been close contacts of one known infected case and 449 have no known chain of infection, 33 are awaiting clarification.
The number of positive tests per county are:
|County||Number of positive cases|
|Møre og Romsdal||38|
|Troms og Finnmark||49|
|Vestfold og Telemark||85|
the post Norway enters third day without deaths, no exponential growth. appeared first on Covid-19 News/info