Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

Admin covid19

Covid-19 News/info
Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19
Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus.

Source: Sky News

Clarence House confirmed that the 71-year-old heir to the throne was diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease in a statement released this morning.

The royal displayed “mild symptoms” on Sunday and was then tested on Monday, with the results coming through late on Tuesday night, the statement said.

Charles “otherwise remains in good health” and has been self-isolating in Scotland with the Duchess of Cornwall, who has tested negative for coronavirus.

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus,” the statement said.

“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

“The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”

Gordon Buchanan from Glasgow is made an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) by the Prince of Wales during an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, London. PA Photo. Picture date: Thursday March 12 2020. Photo credit should read: Yui Mok/PA Wire
Image:The Prince of Wales at an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on 12 March

Prince Charles’ last public event was a reception and dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief effort on 12 March, which took place at Mansion House in London.

Earlier that day the Prince of Wales had attended an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, where he greeted recipients with a non-contact gesture due to concerns about the spread of the illness.

Prince Charles in London earlier this month. Pic: James Shaw/Shutterstock
Image:Prince Charles in London earlier this month. Pic: James Shaw/Shutterstock

Sky News’ royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills said that since then Charles has a “small number of meetings”, and that all people he has come into contact with have been tested.

Doctors’ most conservative estimate is that he would have been contagious since 13 March, she added.

He last met the Queen on the morning of 12 March and the 93-year-old monarch is said to be in “good health” and following all appropriate health and safety advice.

Following Prince Charles’ diagnosis, Buckingham Palace said: “Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health.

“The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly on 12 March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare. We will not be commenting further.”

The Queen is joined by her family at Westminster Abbey
Image:The Queen is said to be in good health and following all appropriate advice

more news: How to stop a virus from spreading

the post Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19 appeared first on Covid-19 News/info